Well, after donating quite a good amount of stuff to a first year teacher, I STILL have this much teacher stuff. It is crazy how much stuff teacher's have to buy (with their own money) and tote around with them (especially those married to someone in the military and therefore have to move every 1 to 3 years!). Oh well!
And since I am kind of on a soap box, I hate it when people blame teachers for the situation in American Education today. We have great teachers out there. However we are lacking the educational resources and support these teachers need to effectively teach their classes. And what is being done about that?? Cutting education funding, firing 1000's of teachers. This is not the answer!
At my last school, I not only had to buy paper for my classroom for copies but also had to buy pencils for my students. Ridiculous! (On top of having to buy my own books and resources). Education and Teachers need serious support, not so much criticism.
You tell em, Hayley!
ReplyDelete